Liz Knoot is the owner and principal attorney of Knoot Law, PLLC. Liz began her career in law in 2004. She gained a practical understanding of the law by entering the field as a paralegal. She expanded her understanding and experience by working her way through law school in several well-respected twin cities law firms. At each law firm Liz gained unique insight into the practice of law, and from those experiences created her own style of lawyering and client service.
Liz believes exceptional client service is the key to success. Each client should have a professional relationship with their attorney that allows them to feel comfortable sharing the details of their life with their attorney. Liz encourages these relationships by dedicating personal attention to each client.
Liz recognizes that to be a great attorney, one must be a great counselor. As a client, you can expect that she will spend time with you educating you on the law that relates to your case. Liz’s goal for each client is for them to leave her office understanding the strengths and weaknesses in their case, and to feel that their questions have been answered. Your lawyer is not just your advisor. Your lawyer should be your partner. Liz believes that we can work together to meet your goals.
Liz speaks Spanish fluently and has traveled extensively in Spain, Mexico, and the Caribbean. Liz lives in Maple Grove, Minnesota with her family.
- J.D., William Mitchell College of Law, Magna Cum Laude
- Certificate, Minnesota Paralegal Institute
- B.S., Iowa State University, Phi Beta Kappa
- Mitchell Fellow
- CALI, Excellence for the Future Award, Civil Procedure, Property II, Criminal Law, Employment Law Survey
- Minnesota Supreme Court
- Eight Circuit Court of Appeals
- American Immigration Lawyer’s Association, Minnesota/Dakotas chapter Executive Office for Immigration Review co-liaison
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Minnesota Women Lawyers
- Hispanic Contractors Association of Minnesota, Board Member (2013 - present)
- Women’s Initiative for Self-Empowerment, Past Board Member